Squirrelaholic



Squirrels!! I love them, I don't know why but I find them so adorable and if you really stop and watch them its neat to see how they do things.

Squirrels are part of the rodent family - yes I know mice and rats ewwww but much much cuter and cleaner! They only eat a diet of plants and nuts, on occasion if desperate they will eat insects. Did you know that squirrels cannot digest the nutrients in raw peanuts, they get more nutrients from roasted peanuts, and yes I sometimes roast them and leave them on our kitchen window sill for them, along with 12 grain bread; what can I say, I am a squirrelaholic!



During the fall /early winter squirrels will look for food and bury it underground, so they can come back and retrieve it during the winter months. They can smell food through snow! Amazing isn't it.
Now Iam sure we all have experience driving and a squirrel is about to run across the road and it stops runs across in a zig zag way, this is there defence mechanism, they do this to trick what they believe is pray and confuse them. Unfortunately this is usually the end of there lives, because they get run over.

So next time you have some stale bread or nuts leave them out for your little furry friends of the Forrest, Iam sure they will appreciate it!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Devine Ramblings. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.