Dear John




A few days ago I borrowed this book from a friend (Thanks Lua!), and I started it last night, I got to page 175 and had to stop because 1. it was late and 2 N had arrived home and I didn't want to be rude...also I had been reading for at least 4 hours.

What a book, it started off a tad slow, but by the 3rd chapter I was so engrossed I could not put it down, such emotion, and feeling came tumbling out of the book, at times my heart ached for the main character John, I wanted to step inside the book and hug him!

I finished the book today, I didn't cry much to my surprise, because everyone who I have talked to said they cried. I think I was expecting to cry and that is why I didn't. The book was a great read, and I feel like I need to read it again to pick up on things I did not the first time, and if you know anything about me, that is I do not re-read books!

One thing that really surprise me was that I didn't even realize a male author had written it, I tend to only read female author/female based character books because I find it easier to connect with the character. But the way Nicholas Sparks writes, I had no problem connecting with the main character and feeling for him.

I recommend you pick this book up one a weekend when you have time to read it all, because trust me, once you start, it is very hard to put down!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Devine Ramblings. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.